Aspen Ridge® Fork and Knife Burger
Nutrition ProfileCalories: 1,232.1, Total Fat: 44.8g, Cholesterol: 202.9mg, Sodium: 1,239.9mg, Potassium: 455.6mg, Total Carbohydrate: 123.7g, Protein:74.0g
- Preheat grill for high heat. Preheat deep fryer to 350 degrees.
- Divide ground chuck into four 8-ounce portions and form into patties. Season with salt and fresh ground pepper to taste.
- Grill to desired doneness. Two to three minutes per side will leave some pink for medium-rare to medium.
- While burgers are cooking, cut four slices of bread, lightly brush with butter, and toast on grill or in a pan stove-top.
- Rub with a cut clove of garlic if you like. Keep warm on side. Chop fresh beefsteak tomatoes and chives and combine.
- Peel and cut onion rings ¼” thick for frying. Dip in buttermilk, dredge in flour, and fry to golden brown in fryer. Season with salt and pepper.
- Combine the whipped cream, horseradish, Dijon mustard, and vinegar, then season with salt and pepper to taste.
- To assemble, place a slice of cheddar cheese on each slice of toasted bread, top with chopped tomatoes, place burger on top of tomato, top burger with a dollop of horseradish sauce and several crispy onion rings.
Learn how we use a natural process to produce natural beef.
Recipe developed by Chef Rick Laakkonen