Balsamic Glazed Skirt Steak
Nutrition ProfileCalories: 326.4, Total Fat: 19.6g, Cholesterol: 68.7mg, Sodium: 615.0mg, Potassium: 474.6mg, Total Carbohydrate: 11.9g, Protein: 23.8g
- To make marinade, melt butter in a medium saucepan under medium high heat. Add shallots and garlic and saute until they soften, about 3 to 5 minutes or so.
- Add balsamic vinegar to saucepan and bring to a slow boil. When at a boil, reduce heat to a simmer and let reduce for about 15 minutes. The sauce will be slightly thickened. Add sugar, chicken stock, soy sauce, and sake. Bring to another boil.
- Let mixture cool to room temperature and reserve a 1/4 cup of the liquid for finished steak.
- Place skirt steak into large glass baking dish and cover with remaining marinade liquid. Cover dish with plastic wrap and let marinate in the fridge for about 2 hours. Also place the reserved marinade in the fridge while the meat is marinating.
- Prior to cooking steak, drain marinade, and pat steak dry. Cut skirt steak into desired size.
- Heat large skillet under medium high heat and add 1 tablespoon of olive oil. When oil is shimmering, add 2 steaks at a time and cook to your liking (I had a nice medium rare, at about 4-5 minutes per side). Let steaks rest on cutting board for about 5-7 minutes before slicing against the grain. While the steak is resting, you can heat up the reserved marinade. Just bring to a simmer until mixture is heated through.
- Serve with a bed of fresh vegetables (some zucchini and carrots make the dish quite colorful!) and top with reserved marinade (that you didn't marinate the meat in).
Learn how we use a natural process to produce natural beef.