Grilled Steak with Fresh Corn Salad
Nothing says summer like a warm grilled steak topped with a cool and fresh corn, pepper, and tomato salad. For this twist on a steak salad, mix the ingredients together beforehand and serve as soon as your steak is grilled to perfection.
- 2 Aspen Ridge® boneless strip steaks, trimmed (about 1 1/4 pounds)
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 3 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 5 large ears corn, husked
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 small orange or red bell pepper, diced
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 Tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- Preheat grill to high.
- Combine garlic, 1 teaspoon oil, and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a small bowl. Rub the mixture on both sides of steaks. Place the steaks and corn on the grill. Grill the steaks 2 to 4 minutes per side for medium-rare. Let them rest while the corn finishes cooking. (The steaks will continue to cook while resting.)
- Grill the corn, turning to cook all sides, until some of the kernels are slightly charred, about 8 minutes total. Let stand until cool enough to handle, about 5 minutes.
- Remove the kernels from the cobs using a sharp knife. Combine the corn, tomatoes, and bell pepper in a medium bowl; stir in basil, vinegar, the remaining 2 teaspoons oil, and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Slice the steaks and serve with the corn salad.
Diabetes appropriate | Low calorie | Low cholesterol | Low saturated fat | Low sodium | Heart healthy | Healthy weight | High fiber | High potassium | Gluten free |
Per serving: 383 calories; 11 g fat ( 3 g sat , 6 g mono ); 52 mg cholesterol; 39 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 35 g protein; 6 g fiber; 379 mg sodium; 1053 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (90% daily value), Zinc (40% dv), Potassium (30% dv), Vitamin A (30% dv), Folate (27% dv), Iron (15% dv).