Healthier Stuffed Peppers
Nutrition ProfileCalories: 291, Cholesterol: 52 mg, Fiber: 4.4 g, Sodium: 588 mg, Carbohydrates: 28.9 g, Fat: 11.1 g, Protein: 19.7 g
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Bring brown rice and water to a boil in a saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until rice is tender and liquid has been absorbed, 45 to 50 minutes.
- Cook and stir beef, garlic, and onion in a skillet over medium heat until meat is evenly browned and onion is softened, about 5 minutes.
- Remove and discard the tops, seeds, and membranes of the green, red, and yellow bell peppers. Arrange peppers in a baking dish with the hollowed sides facing upward. Slice the bottoms off the peppers if necessary so that they stand upright.
- Mix the browned beef, cooked rice, tomato sauce, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Spoon an equal amount of the mixture into each hollowed pepper. Mix the remaining tomato sauce and Italian seasoning in a bowl, and pour over the stuffed peppers.
- Bake in the preheated oven, basting with sauce every 15 minutes, until the peppers are tender, about 1 hour. Sprinkle the peppers with grated Parmesan cheese after baking.
Learn how we use a natural process to produce natural beef.