Nutrition ProfileCalories: 962.4, Total Fat: 52.0g, Cholesterol: 143.3mg, Sodium: 862.5mg, Potassium: 2,419.0mg, Total Carbohydrate: 50.1g, Protein: 72.3g, Gluten Free
- Sprinkle chuck roast pieces with salt and pepper.
- Warm up one tablespoon of lard in a dutch oven on medium heat for a few minutes, then brown half of the meat, turning every couple minutes. Chunks should be nice and browned after about six minutes. Remove them and set aside. Add the second tablespoon of lard and brown the other half of the meat in the same way. Then remove and set aside with the other meat.
- Add the blended onion to the dutch oven and sauté until softened and slightly translucent, about five minutes. It will probably start drying up, which is fine. This is a good time to preheat your oven to 325 degrees.
- Add the garlic and sauté for another minute.
- Add the tomato paste and paprika, and sauté for another minute.
- Next, add the broths, bay leaf, marjoram and caraway seeds, and stir together until uniform in appearance. Bring to a simmer then add the meat (and its juices), cover, and put in the oven.
- Bake for one hour and ten minutes. During this time you can prep your potatoes and peppers.
- Stir in the peppers and potatoes, cover the dutch oven and bake for another 30 minutes.
- Let the soup rest for a few minutes before serving so the potatoes will thicken the soup. Some people like to stir in a bit of sour cream at the end.
Learn how we use a natural process to produce natural beef.