Nutrition ProfileDiabetes Appropriate: Low Carbohydrate, Low Sodium, Gluten Free Per Serving: 264 calories; 16 g fat ( 7 g sat , 6 g mono ); 89 mg cholesterol; 1 g carbohydrates; 26 g protein; 0 g fiber; 186 mg sodium; 405 mg potassium.
- Preheat grill to medium-high or preheat the broiler.
- Combine Cheddar and Gruyere in a small bowl.
- Gently mix beef, Worcestershire, paprika, and pepper in a large bowl, preferably with your hands, without overworking. Shape into 8 thin, 4-inch-wide patties.
- Mound 2 tablespoons of the cheese mixture on each of 4 patties, leaving a 1/2-inch border. Cover each with one of the remaining patties. Crimp and seal the edges closed.
- To grill: Lightly oil the grill rack. Grill the stuffed patties over medium-high heat, about 4 minutes per side for medium-well (do not press the burgers as they cook, or they’ll split open and the cheese will escape). To broil: Cover a broiler pan with foil and coat with cooking spray. Broil the stuffed patties in the upper third of the oven, about 4 minutes per side for medium-well. In either case, let the burgers stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Learn how we use a natural process to produce natural beef.