Nutrition ProfileCalories: 578.3, Total Fat: 16.0g, Cholesterol: 236.0mg, Sodium: 794.1mg, Potassium: 20.1mg, Total Carbohydrate: 1.4g, Protein: 100.3g
- Mix together seasonings and set aside.
- Take out your roast, rinse it and pat dry with paper towels. Rub the seasonings all over the roast, and let it sit out on the kitchen counter for 30 minutes. This allows the roast to reach room temperature, plus it lets the seasonings settle onto the roast. Preheat your oven to 500 F.
- Place the roast in a roasting pan or dutch over and put it in the oven, fatty side up. Roast at 500 F, uncovered, for 7 minutes per pound.
- Now turn off the oven completely and leave the roast in there for 2 1/2 hours. Don’t open the oven door at all during this time!
- After 2 1/2 hours, take the roast out and check its internal temp with a thermometer. The temperature should be between 130-150 F – if it isn’t, put it back in the oven at 325 F and check it every 10 minutes. Put the finished roast on a plate and cover it with tin foil, and allow it to rest for 10 minutes.
- Carve it into 1/2″ slices and enjoy!
Learn how we use a natural process to produce natural beef.