Nutrition ProfileCalories: 1,533.9, Total Fat: 87.8g, Cholesterol: 310.1mg, Sodium: 2,335.0mg, Potassium: 725.0mg, Total Carbohydrate: 55.4g, Protein: 125.5g
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a dutch oven, heat olive oil under medium high heat and add bacon. Stir in cinnamon and cook until bacon is crispy and golden, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add in onion, garlic, carrots, rosemary, sage, thyme, and oregano. Cook for about 5 minutes, or until vegetables are starting to soften.
- Stir in ground beef and cook until browned, about another 5 minutes or so.
- Mix in mushrooms, tomatoes, beef stock, and red wine vinegar. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Cover and bake in oven for at least 1 hour. This allows the flavors to have enough time to meld with each other.
- While you're waiting, take your sweet potato slices and season with salt, pepper, and chili powder. Spread evenly on a baking sheet and bake for about 20-25 minutes, or until potatoes are tender and slightly browned. Set aside to cool.
- Also, prepare your lasagna noodles according to package directions, adding some olive oil to the water so the noodles do not stick. Drain noodles and set aside on parchment paper.
- About 10 minutes or so before the sauce is done baking, you can start on your "bechamel" of sorts. Heat 3/4 cup of heavy whipping cream in a small saucepan. Mix the remaining 1/4 cup cold whipping cream with the cornstarch until it is dissolved. When the cream in the saucepan has come to a boil, low heat slightly and stir in cold cream. The mixture should start to thicken, and then you'll want to add in about 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese. Keep adding cheese until you get your desired consistency. I added about 1 full cup and was satisfied. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Take your sauce out of the oven and mix well. Everything should smell pretty fantastic right now.
- Preheat your oven to 400 F.
- In a large baking dish, spoon a little bit of the sauce on the bottom of the pan so the noodles don't stick. Then add a layer of noodles. Ladle a good bit of sauce on top of the noodles. Add a layer of sweet potatoes (they don't have to be touching each other). Top with about 1/2 ladle of the cream sauce and a handful of mozzarella and Parmesan cheese. Continue layering like this until you've run out of noodles. Spoon on the remaining sauce and remainder of cream sauce and top with mozzarella and parmesan.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until top is nice and golden. Serve piping hot and enjoy!
Learn how we use a natural process to produce natural beef.