Spaghetti with Mozzarella-Stuffed Meatballs
Nutrition ProfileCalories: 682.2, Total Fat: 24.5g, Cholesterol: 144.8mg, Sodium: 987.7mg, Potassium: 1,528.4mg, Total Carbohydrate: 70.9g, Protein: 46.6g
- In a medium bowl, soak the bread crumbs in the milk.
- In a large, wide saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the smashed garlic and cook until golden, about 2 minutes. Add the tomatoes, season to taste with salt and let the sauce simmer over low heat, stirring occasionally.
- Add the beef, chopped garlic, parsley, Parmigiano-Reggiano, egg and 1 teaspoon of salt to the soaked bread crumbs and stir with a fork until combined. Place about 2 tablespoons of the mixture in your hand and press a mozzarella cube into the center. Shape the meat around the cheese, forming a ball. Repeat with the remaining meat and mozzarella.
- Stir the sauce and raise the heat to medium-low. Carefully place the meatballs in the sauce, submerging them completely. Bring the sauce to a simmer and cook without stirring for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the spaghetti, cook until al dente, about 8 minutes, and drain. Toss the spaghetti with the tomato sauce and meatballs, sprinkle with Parmigiano-Reggiano and serve.
Learn how we use a natural process to produce natural beef.