Aspen Ridge® Chuck Roll Roast
Calories: 1,494.4, Total Fat: 89.1g, Cholesterol: 272.0mg, Sodium: 976.4mg, Potassium: 2,630.5mg, Total Carbohydrate: 26.6g, Protein:138.4g
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Season roast liberally with coarse salt and black pepper.
- In a heavy casserole, add just enough oil to coat bottom of pan. Brown roast well.
- As roast is finishing browning, add chopped garlic to pan and sauté briefly.
- Add tomato paste to pan and sauté briefly, spreading it around.
- Add red wine to casserole pan and reduce by half. Add beef stock or demi-glace, bay leaf, and thyme.
- Cover casserole loosely with aluminum foil and place in preheated oven.
- After 20 minutes, reduce temperature to 325 F and continue cooking for 2 1/2-3 1/2 hours depending on size of roast.
- Add cut vegetables to roasting casserole during the last hour of cooking Check roast from time to time, stirring vegetables and remove foil tent during last half hour of roasting.
- Remove roast from oven when it is becoming fork tender. Let roast rest for 20 minutes loosely covered before carving.
- Serve sliced roast along with the vegetables and pan gravy.
Learn how we use a natural process to produce natural beef.
Recipe developed by Chef Rick Laakkonen