Braised Beef with Tomato and Herbs
Nutrition ProfilePer Serving: Low Carb, Trans-fat free, Good source of fiber, Calories: 1021, Total Fat 76g, Cholesterol 242 mg, Sodium: 411mg, Total Carbohydrate: 7g, Protein: 126 g
- Trim the meat of all fat, and sprinkle the cubes with salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat the oil in a pressure cooker until quite hot and almost smoking. Add the beef cubes and cook, stirring often, over high heat until the meat is lightly brown all over.
- Add the garlic and stir. Add the onions and mushrooms and stir. Sprinkle with flour and stir to coat the pieces evenly. Add the wine, tomatoes, thyme, bay leaf, salt and pepper to taste, cayenne, olives and saffron. Stir while bringing to a boil. Add the cover of the pressure cooker and the pressure regulator.
- Reduce the heat and cook according to manufacturer's instructions, 20 to 25 minutes. Uncover as directed. Pour the beef into a serving dish and sprinkle with chopped parsley.
- To cook in a non-pressurized pot, simmer for 1 1/2 to 2 hours, or until meat is tender.
- Serve with hot buttered French bread and a crisp green salad.
Learn how we use a natural process to produce natural beef.