Bacon Topped Meatloaf
Nutrition ProfileCalories: 524.7, Total Fat: 35.7g, Cholesterol: 203.8mg, Sodium: 727.7mg, Potassium: 602.4mg, Total Carbohydrate: 11.1g, Protein:37.5g
- Grease a 13 x 9 inch baking pan. Melt butter in a sauté pan, add garlic, and sauté until just golden. Let cool.
- Dice or grate bread and soak it in milk. In a large mixing bowl, mix ground meat by hand with sautéed onions and garlic and bread pieces. Add eggs, salt, pepper, parsley, thyme and marjoram and mix by hand in a circular motion.
- Turn this mixture into the baking pan and pat into a loaf shape, leaving at least one inch of space around the edges to allow fat to run off. Brush the top with ketchup and lay strips of bacon across the width of the loaf.
- Preheat the oven to 375 F. Bake meatloaf on lower shelf of oven for 1 hour, or until meat is cooked through. Pour off accumulated fat several times while baking and after meat is fully cooked.
- Let stand on wire rack for five minutes before slicing.
Learn how we use a natural process to produce natural beef.