Braised Steak With Red Wine and Rosemary
Nutrition ProfilePer serving: Lower Calorie Lower Carb Calories: 316 Carbohydrates: 2.6 g Cholesterol: 116 mg Fat: 12.8 g Sodium: 119 mg Protein: 34.7 g
- Pre-heat the oven to 300 degrees.
- Generously season the steak with the sea salt and freshly ground black pepper as it suits you.
- Heat two tablespoons of butter or clarified butter in a cast-iron skillet over a very hot flame.
- Sear the steak in the hot fat about one minute on each side.
- Remove the skillet from the heat and add garlic and fresh rosemary needles.
- Deglaze the skillet with red wine.
- Place the skillet in an oven preheated to 300 F for about ten minutes, longer if you prefer well-done steaks and less if you prefer a rare steak.
- Serve with pan juices, garnished with additional rosemary.
Learn how we use a natural process to produce natural beef.