NY Strip Steak with Hoisin Steak Sauce
- To make the steak sauce, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a saucepan under medium high heat. Add the shallows, cilantro, garlic, 1 tablespoon of the ginger, and crushed red pepper. Saute for about 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken stock, hoisin sauce, and soy sauce. Bring to a boil and cook for 5 more minutes. Turn heat off and stir in honey. Set sauce aside.
- To make a quick relish side, mix cucumber, remaining ginger, and rice vinegar in a medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Place oven broiler on high.
- For the steaks, simply rub both sides of steaks with olive oil. Gently brush on some of the steak sauce on both sides of the steaks as well. Broil steaks on top rack of oven for about 4-5 minutes were side for a nice medium rare. Transfer to a cutting board and let rest.
- Meanwhile, brush the onion rounds with olive oil. Broil these guys for about 4-5 minutes, until they're soft and charred.
- Thinly slice the steak and serve with remaining steak sauce, onion rings, and relish.
Learn how we use a natural process to produce natural beef.