Rib Eye with Asparagus
Nutrition ProfileCalories: 393.0, Total Fat: 14.9g, Cholesterol: 144.8mg, Sodium: 122.2mg, Potassium: 1,336.4mg, Total Carbohydrate: 9.3g, Protein: 55.5g
- Preheat oven to 500 F.
- Heat a large oven-proof skillet under high heat.
- Rub rib eye with olive oil, and generously season with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Place rib eye in dry skillet and cook for about 30 seconds. Using tongs, flip over and cook an additional 30 seconds.
- Place skillet in oven and cook for about 3-4 minutes per side, for a medium rare/medium.
- Carefully remove skillet from oven and transfer steak to cutting board to rest for about 5 minutes.
- While your rib eye is resting, you can prepare your asparagus. Gently toss the spears with some olive oil, salt and pepper. Squeeze the juice of half of a lemon onto the asparagus.
- Wipe the skillet used for the steak clean with a paper towel (be careful, it may still be hot) and heat under high heat. Melt 1 tablespoon of butter to the skillet and add asparagus. Saute for about 2-3 minutes or until starting to soften, but still crisp and green.
- Cut whole rib eye in half to serve as two steaks.
- To plate, arrange about 6-7 spears on a plate and top with one rib eye steak and serve with a lemon wedge. Optional: top your steak with a small pat of butter.
Learn how we use a natural process to produce natural beef.